Thursday, February 20, 2020

Houseruling Troika!

So here's the Troika! houserules I plan to implement next session:

1. Roll-high all the way. I'm actually still a little on the fence about this, because I tend to finde roll-under slightly more intuitive, and more importantly, you have to do less math for it. However, my players keep asking me whether they need to roll high or roll low every single time; and since it's pretty much impossible to go all roll-under in combat, I'll go for always rolling high, including on Luck rolls. The standard target number to beat for unopposed tests is 14 - that way, you end up with exactly the same chances for success. I'll make everyone chant "High - is - Good! High - is - Good!" before the start of our next session, so they'll remember!

2. You only get 1d6 Luck back at the end of a session, not after a good sleep: I generally don't like ressources that regenerate in-game. I'll make an exception for Stamina, but Luck is a ressource that should obviously be tied to how much time you spend playing, and not how many days pass in-game. Also, full recovery when a new adventure begins.

3. To make up for 2, I think I'm going to allow using advanced skills with Luck where it seems to make sense - use Awareness to avoid a trap, use Poison to resist being poisoned, maybe even use the Undo Spell to resist magic effects. (This idea actually comes from someone on the arion games forums).

Makes sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment